Nelson Mandela’s home in Houghton, Johannesburg, South Africa, was visited by alumni, students, and faculty from the study abroad course “International Social Welfare.” The July trip included four alumni, Laura Schwarz ’12, Megan Riebesell ’09, Patrick Canino ’11, and Alexis Wallach ’13, along with faculty members from the concentration in human services/sociology, Mette Christiansen and Donna Chaffee.
- SUNY New Paltz student nominated for International Design Award
- SUNY New Paltz to host re-signing ceremony celebrating 15 years of the Tavern Owners Agreement and the launch of two new community collaborations
- Hugo the Hawk to defend SUNY Mascot Madness Title
- The Institute for Disaster Mental Health at SUNY New Paltz holds annual conference on crisis communication
- James H. Ottaway Sr. Professor of Journalism to give talk titled “The Fever: How Malaria Has Ruled Humankind for 500,000 Years”
Mandela’s home among sites on New Paltz South Africa trip
September 3, 2013By Staff Writer