Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities (RSCA) has announced the fall 2013 Academic Year Undergraduate Research Experience (AYURE) awards. The following seven students and eight professor mentors will participate in academic research supported by AYURE: Kelly Gluchowski ’14 (Environmental Geochemical Science), Kimberly Lane ’15 (Biology), Hannah Miller ’14 (Biology, Spanish), Kathleen Betuel ’14 (Biology, Chemistry), Ryan Murray ’14 (Printmaking, Psychology), Morgan Campbell ’14 (Biology), and Emily Rouse ’14 (Biochemistry). Students will be working with professor mentors Megan Ferguson (Chemistry), Richard Halpern (Physics), Spencer Mass (Biology), Maureen Morrow (Biology), Hon Ho (Biology), Jill Parisi-Phillips (Art/Printmaking), Jason Valens (Biology) and Jennifer Waldo (Biology). For more information on these research projects, click here.
- SUNY New Paltz student nominated for International Design Award
- SUNY New Paltz to host re-signing ceremony celebrating 15 years of the Tavern Owners Agreement and the launch of two new community collaborations
- Hugo the Hawk to defend SUNY Mascot Madness Title
- The Institute for Disaster Mental Health at SUNY New Paltz holds annual conference on crisis communication
- James H. Ottaway Sr. Professor of Journalism to give talk titled “The Fever: How Malaria Has Ruled Humankind for 500,000 Years”
Students selected for fall 2013 AYURE awards
October 7, 2013By Staff Writer